How Can We Help?
To adjust mic (internal or external) levels:
- The camera MUST NOT be in the A+ mode
- It should be in M, AV, TV or P (M or AV probably best)
- Press the MENU key on the back of the camera
- Under the Camera Icon in the menu on the screen, make sure tab 1 is selected.
- Touch the “Sound Recording” line
- Put it in “Manual” if not already
- To adjust, touch “Rec. Level”
- Adjust higher or lower by pressing the arrow buttons
- Say a few words in a normal volume voice, with the mic you intend to use attached to the camera
- Be sure the meter lights are not going into the red area on the right.
- Yellow is okay!
- Press “SET OK”.
- Exit the menu.